A service model reflects the underlying values and shared ideas within an organization. New Vitae Wellness and Recovery’s service model emphasizes holistic, trauma-informed care. It promotes unity and feelings of personal responsibility that are shared by our entire community. Our service model emphasizes the importance of self-determination and hope when making choices in behavioral health services. Our program members and employees support the following ideas and utilize this model when making day-to-day and long-term decisions.
The New Vitae Wellness and Recovery Service Model focuses on the following:
- Recognition of the fundamental importance of a safe, united, and culturally diverse community as the optimal environment for recovery.
- Perspective of recovery, which incorporates the strengths and potential of individuals and families, enhances competencies, develops capacities, and strengthens hope.
- Person-centered, holistic approach placing individuals’ medical, behavioral, social, educational, vocational, and spiritual interests as priorities for service planning and resource allocation.
- Commitment to informed choice, ensuring that individuals in recovery are informed of the nature of care, service, support, and treatment choices.
- Acceptance that individuals in recovery have responsibility to decide on the course of action they believe will achieve their goals, with an informed understanding of risks and outcomes. Persons in recovery determine the pathways, which promote their own wellness.
- Understanding that recovery is non-linear, that it is grounded on continual growth, occasional setbacks, and learning from experience.
- Awareness of the prevalence of trauma, adversity, and disrupted attachment and the pervasive impact on people’s lives.
- Belief that family, peers, and other community members are invaluable to growth and that recovery efforts must place importance on these supportive relationships.
- Pursuit of knowledge regarding evidence-based practices and complementary healing methods. Knowledge empowers individuals in recovery and staff in making sound decisions in partnership.
The New Vitae Wellness and Recovery community invites you to see how we put these words into action. Please contact us so that we can answer any questions you may have and schedule a tour at your convenience!
Our brother has lived at Quakertown House for 31 years. He has been treated with kindness and compassion. We are grateful that he is in a safe and supportive environment.- Marianne E. (family member)